Forecast Analyst Demand Planner 42 221 - JOB TITLE: Forecast Analyst/Demand Planner -1
REPORTS TO: Supply Chain Planning Manager
JOB SUMMARY: The Forecast Analyst-1 is responsible for working with Marketing, Sales, and Operations to develop monthly and annual sales forecasts for a Continental Mills business unit.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND INFLUENCE:
* Quantifying and influencing decisions on division or brand level risks and opportunities.
* Developing and updating complex forecasting models.
* Sharing insights and challenging assumptions at the monthly forecast meetings.
* Providing input to Sales & Marketing regarding predicted effectiveness of promotional scenarios.
* Identifying the drivers of variance in monthly forecasts.
* Analyzing data to quantify anticipated incremental sales from marketing events and new product launches.
* Composing and distributing monthly forecasting highlight reports.
* Developing sales forecast estimates for new products.
* Performing various ad hoc analyses and producing materials for senior level presentations.
* Representing the Forecasting department on cross-functional projects.
* Participating in cross-company projects to create transformational improvement in forecast accuracy and process efficiency.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
* Creative problem solving skills, rooted in data collection and analysis.
* Decisive, flexible, and accountable. Ability to operate with incomplete information and ambiguity.
* Effective communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to translate complex approaches into terms clearly understood by various groups including senior management.
* Ability and aptitude to quickly learn and develop competencies in new computer systems.
* Process thinker, with a continuous improvement mindset.
* Ability to work independently, typically initiating own tasks with input/guidance from manager and/or director.
* Careful attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
* Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team environment.
* Analytical experience with BI tools, systems and reporting. Strong spreadsheet and data driven analysis skills.
* A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in business or an analytical discipline is required.
* 3 years of relevant business experience or applicable combination of education and experience.
* Previous experience in a consumer products environment - Sales, Marketing and/or Demand Management experience is preferred.
The policy of Continental Mills, Inc. is to hire, train, and promote all persons in all job groups in accordance with law, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, presence of sensory, mental or physical disability, Vietnam veteran, or national origin.